Not much time to post, so I’ll post the quick bandwidth test we did between two machines before and after the LAN upgrade:
- For a bandwidth tester we used iperf, a linux script that has been ported to windows via a cygwyn build.
- For Linux we just ran “yum install iperf”
- For Windows we googled “iperf windows”, but here is one binary from UCF.
- The real path just explains the connection between the two units.
- The window size was automatically determined by iperf.
- The 10 second test duration is iperf’s default.
And the same data graphically:
As you can see, there is considerable bandwidth improvement, even for the integrated NIC (and the PCI NIC is more than twice as fast as that!)